On May 10th last year I did a round up of cases and commentary on the issue of fundamental dishonesty. Here we look at cases and commentary in the past 12 months.
Most of the cases are inevitably first instance. I have linked to transcripts or reports of the cases. In some cases the full transcripts are available to subscribers to Lawtel.
- Rouse -v- Aviva Ltd (15th January 2016).
- Akhtar & Khan -v- Ball (10.7.15)
- Mark Ryan -v- Amey PLC (2015)
- Kite -v- The Phoenix Pub Group (2015)
- James -v- Dimanttek Ltd (8th February 2016) (full transcript is on Lawtel).
- Sage -v- Stringer (8th October 2015)
- Zurich Insurance -v- Bain (4th June 2015) (a transcript is available on Lawtel).
- Waggett -v- Warcharlowski (15/09/15) (transcript on Lawtel).
- Ravenscroft -v- Ikea (2016) (A case in which fundamental dishonesty was not established).
- Maxine Best of Zenith Chambers An approach to fundamental dishonesty in the Claimant’s absence.
- The Law Society Gazette: Insurer invokes “fundamental dishonesty” to see off claims.
- Horwich Farrelly have some interesting examples in Fundamental Dishonesty: A welcome weapon in the fight against fraud.
- Bolt Burdon Kemp on Fundamental Dishonesty Defence Fails
- Farrar’s Building on Georgina Crawford secures fundamental dishonesty costs order. & Jake Rowley successfully obtains a finding of “fundamental dishonesty”.
- Zurich on Zurich awarded legal costs on fundamental dishonesty appeal.
- Temple Garden Chambers Findings of Fundamental Dishonesty following successful defence of “slam on” motor fraud involving a £53,000 credit hire claim.
RELATES POSTS ON THIS BLOG
- QOCS and dishonesty: You can try to check out any time you like but you can’t always leave
- The effect of QOCS on Litigation: here’s the thing: cases will be fought on their merits.
- Setting aside notice of discontinuance in a QOCS case: two interesting decisions.
- Fundamental dishonesty: a round up of cases and commentary.
- Fundamental dishonesty and striking out in personal injury cases: ten key procedural points.