A short, but timely, reminder that new rules come into force on the 6th April 2016.
- No costs budgeting where the claim is brought on behalf of a child.
- Normally no costs budgeting when the claimant has limited or impaired life expectancy.
- The costs budget must be filed “not later than 21 days before the first case management conference”.
- An agreed budget discussion report to be filed no later than 7 days before the first case management conference.
- The use of only the first page of Precedent H where the party’s budgeted costs do not exceed £25,000 or the stated value on the claim is less than £50,000.
- A requirement that the bill of costs shows each phase of the costs budget.