We have already had the essential checklist on service. We are now moving on to the essential checklist for limitation. Before the Mitchell case it was usually limitation that was a major problem for litigators, particularly personal injury practitioners. It is worthwhile having a short re-cap of essential points.
USEFUL POSTS ABOUT LIMITATION ALREADY ON THE BLOG
There are already a number of posts about limitation on this blog, designed to highlight problem areas and avoid problems. In particular:
- 10 myths about limitation that every personal injury practitioner should know.
- Avoiding negligence 1: the three year limitation period.
- Avoiding negligence 2: not every limitation period is 3 years.
- Avoiding negligence 3: aviation the really vicious limitation period
- Avoiding negligence 4: Trouble at sea, accidents on water and limitation
- Avoiding negligence 5: Accidents abroad and the Foreign Limitation Periods Act
Some specific posts can also be found at:
There are discussions about limitation and fatal accident claims on my Fatal Accidents blog
READ THESE AND…
You can see why the checklist may be useful.